Easy driving using only the accelerator pedal
- The e-Pedal allows the driver to start, accelerate, decelerate and stop using only the accelerator pedal.*
- For instant acceleration, press down hard on the accelerator pedal. Lift off the pedal and the e-Pedal mimics stepping on the brake pedal, allowing the vehicle to slow down and even come to a complete stop.
- In stop-and-go city traffic, the e-Pedal greatly reduces the need to shift from one pedal to the other, making driving simpler and more engaging. It even allows sporty driving on winding roads, making the process of driving more exciting.
- The functions of the e-Pedal and e-Pedal Step are different. Click here for information on the e-Pedal Step.
The e-Pedal allows the driver to launch, accelerate/decelerate and stop the vehicle by using only the accelerator pedal. By using only one pedal, tasks such as: judging the distance between the car in front; decelerating and stopping when going downhill; and stopping for traffic lights, have been drastically simplified and become more convenient.
Experience the powerful acceleration and throttle response of an EV.
Easing off the accelerator pedal creates a deceleration force (max 0.2G) comparable to stepping on the brake pedal. Thanks to its precise electronic motor management, the e-Pedal system can even deliver smooth automated deceleration while traveling downhill.
After the vehicle comes to a complete stop, the hydraulic brake system is automatically activated to keep the car stationary. The system can keep the car stopped on a slope (of up to approximately a 30-percent steepness grade) in uphill and downhill directions.
Like conventional vehicles, the brake lamps will light up when decelerating* or stopping.
- applied when fixed deceleration rate is exceeded
Easing off the accelerator pedal initiates the motor to start the deceleration process of the vehicle. The brakes are automatically applied when the car comes to a complete stop. Also, the brakes are applied simultaneously on low-traction surfaces, using all four wheels to safely slow the vehicle down.