June 9, 2014
Helping Businesses Go Green: Nissan Introduces Its First All-electric
Commercial Vehicle “e-NV200"
YOKOHAMA, Japan (June 9, 2014) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.'s first all-electric, zero-emissions commercial vehicle, the e-NV200, will go on sale in October 2014 at Nissan dealers throughout Japan, the company announced today.
Based on the Nissan NV200, a multi-purpose commercial van, the e-NV200 combines the interior roominess and versatility of the NV200 with the acceleration performance and quietness of an electric vehicle (EV). With its convenient onboard power outlets, the e-NV200 can supply electrical power remotely, giving it added utility in the field as a mobile power source.
The new e-NV200 also has 5 and 7-seat Wagon versions, which can be utilized as passenger vehicles.
Highlights of the e-NV200 include:
The e-NV200 is Nissan's second mass-market, all-electric model available globally, following the Nissan LEAF, which has now sold more than 115,000 units worldwide. Compared to commercial vehicles that use internal combustion engines, the e-NV200 reduces operating costs and contributes to improving a company's environmental image thanks to the vehicle's zero exhaust emissions as well as a reduction in noise pollution. Additionally, the EV's smooth, strong acceleration performance and quietness help reduce driver fatigue.
With the inclusion of a hydraulic brake system, the vehicle's regenerative braking can work more effectively, enabling a driving range of 185 to 190 km on a full charge (on JC08 mode).
○Power storage battery
Two power outlets (100V) that can draw a total of a maximum of 1,500W of power from the battery are installed in the front-seat side and the cargo area. They provide a convenient and safe electrical power source that comes in handy for offsite jobs or events, or in the case of an emergency.
The driver can manually set the remaining battery level. By having the power supply stop automatically at a predetermined level, the driver ensures that the vehicle has enough energy stored within the main battery pack for the ride home.
The new e-NV200 has a low center of gravity thanks to the vehicle's main battery pack being placed under the floor. This helps to reduce vehicle instability when cornering and improves steering response. A fine-tuned, highly-rigid suspension system provides a comfortable ride, which, in turn, decreases driver fatigue, especially during long extended drives and/or when transporting valuable cargo.
The e-NV200's cargo area is equivalent to that of the NV200, a result of compact batteries positioned under the vehicle floor. Power consumption is reduced on cold days via a heated steering wheel and Quick Comfort Seat Heater for the front seats, obviating the need to heat the whole cabin, and both come as standard equipment on the e-NV200.
The Remote Climate Control function, which can activate the air-conditioning system via cell phone or computer, can be set by the Intelligent Key for further convenience for customers.
The e-NV200 Japan market sales target is 500 units per month (Yearly target for 2014: Total 1000 units).Prices range from 3,880,440 yen to 4,786,560 yen, including consumption tax.
All e-NV200 models qualify for the Japanese government's eco-car subsidies and are exempt from the automobile weight tax and automobile acquisition tax. In addition, customers can receive up to 850,000 yen in incentive grants in accordance with the Japanese government's incentive scheme for fiscal year 2014 to promote the purchase of clean energy vehicles.
<Overview of the new Nissan e-NV200>
Exterior design expressing Nissan's EV identity
- Distinctive shape of the charging lid and sharp character lines; front bumper opening with each side slightly outward; and distinctively shaped fog light surrounds
- Rounded front bumper
- Massive fender panel
- Bright LED rear combination taillights with clear-blue inner panel and transparent outer lens
- Available in a choice of five exterior colors, including a new color, Liquid Blue
User-friendly and roomy interior
- A function-focused center cluster located above instrument panel and renders a modern feel to the interior
- Adoption of piano-black center panel that expresses a high-quality feel (Wagon)
- Blue illumination digital meter as well as a newly developed shift knob and start switch
2. Convenience and cargo capacity
- Cargo capacity of 3,600L and cargo floor length of 1,830mm, equivalent to the dimensions of the NV200 (with two passengers in a five-seat van)
- Wheelhouse shape with overhang in the cargo area, made possible by the leaf-spring suspension architecture
- The cargo area can be personalized with the adoption of utility hooks (dealer-installed option)
- Two 100V power outlets (a total of a maximum of 1,500W power) installed in the front seat side and the cargo area (the back side of a front passenger seat) (GX, G)
- 60:40-split second-row seats with seating for one or two passengers, even when carrying a long item (Wagon)
3. Driving performance
- e-powertrain that's fine-tuned specifically for commercial vehicles, including the optimization of gear ratios (based on the e-powertrain of the current Nissan LEAF)
- New regenerative braking system that provides the same braking pedal feel as a conventional braking system
- Energy Save Mode which invokes a maximum speed setting of 100km per hour after the battery level warning light turns on to prevent unnecessary power consumption
- Accelerator pedal that reduces power consumption by controlling excessive pressure on the pedal, which emits a clicking noise when pressed down.
Steering stability and comfort
- Highly-rigid body and solid suspension system provide a smooth and flat ride, while keeping harshness in check when driving over uneven surfaces
- With a low center of gravity, stability through corners is enhanced, while the solid body structure helps create crisp steering response
- Hill Start Assist, which prevents the vehicle from rolling backward, enhances a sense of security in the driver
4. Advanced equipment and useful features
- A compact and practical meter unique to EVs, where necessary information is combined in a simple way to minimize the movement of the driver's eyes and reduces fatigue
- Ozone-safe automatic air-conditioning system that can quickly generate warm air with the adoption of an electric heater
- Vehicle information display that shows the charging condition of the vehicle's main battery pack, information on power consumption and warnings
- Although the NV200 has a glove box without a lid, the e-NV200 adopts a glove box with a lid that can store the vehicle's inspection certificate
- Center console box that can store a small bag or other small items, complete with a lid to create a premium feel
- Rope hooks to safely secure packages
<Other Main Safety and Environmental Technologies>
- Halogen headlights (manually adjustable headlight leveling function)
- Signature position lights (bulbs for Van, LED for Wagon)
- Fog lamps (standard on 5-seat Van GX and Wagon G)
- Bright LED rear combination taillights
- Rearview Monitor (factory-installed option on two/five-seat GX and standard on Wagon G)
- EBD (Electronic Brake-force Distribution)
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
- Brake Assist
- VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control) (TCS functionality included)
- High-strength body construction (Zone Body) + body construction for pedestrian protection
- SRS frontal airbag system for driver and front passenger
- SRS side airbag system for driver and front passenger and SRS curtain airbag system (factory-installed option for Wagon)
- Load limiter-equipped seatbelt pretensioner for the front seats
e-NV200 qualifies for preferential tax incentives available for environmentally friendly vehicles. As such, the LEAF is fully exempt from the automobile acquisition tax on vehicles registered by March 31, 2015, and the automobile weight tax on vehicles registered by April 30, 2015.
Additionally, the automobile tax on vehicles registered by March 31, 2016 is reduced by 75 percent for one year starting from the next fiscal year following registration.