April 20, 2014
NISSAN THRILLS AUTO CHINA 2014 WITH WORLD PREMIERE
OF LANNIA CONCEPT, NISMO INTRODUCTION
- World premiere of Lannia Concept, tailored towards the “Post 80s" Chinese desiring an “Energetic Sedan For Me"
- NISMO to debut in China with GT-R Nismo and 370Z Nismo versions
BEIJING, China (April 20, 2014) - Nissan today premiered the Lannia Concept, a global concept addressing the lifestyle of China's rising “Post-80s" generation. Chief Planning Officer Andy Palmer also announced the official launch of the NISMO brand in China.
“Lannia Concept joins our growing family of China-focused models," said Palmer. “It was designed by Chinese, built by Chinese for the Chinese people, and ultimately, for the world." He recognized the heavy involvement of the local Chinese teams spanning from market research to design that led to the birth of the Lannia Concept. Its Chinese name, “蓝鸟・印象" (“lan niao, yin xiang") was also announced in honor of the legendary Nissan Bluebird, whose spirit is reborn.
Positioned as a “sedan theory-breaker," Lannia Concept is the result of strong collaboration between Nissan Design China in Beijing and the Nissan Global Design Center, and features an energetic, sleek and agile design that addresses the tastes and values of contemporary Chinese “Post-80s" trendsetters.
Palmer also revealed that NISMO, Nissan's global motorsports and performance brand, will make its official debut in China with the launch of GT-R Nismo and 370Z Nismo versions.
Palmer said, “We are very excited about the arrival of NISMO in China. Running one of the world's premiere motorsports organizations, NISMO embodies Nissan's motorsports heritage of passionately pursuing victory through continuous improvements in engineering. It goes without saying that to achieve such results, NISMO has been, and will continue to be, at the forefront of innovation, technology, safety and quality, which transcends across all Nissan products. Entering the Chinese market is an important milestone for NISMO as it continues its aggressive journey to expand its presence beyond the racetrack to key markets around the world."
Auto China 2014 also plays host to a series of technologies all developed under the Safety Shield approach. These include Nissan's Smart Rear View Mirror (SRVM) technology, set for global introduction in 2015, and Autonomous Driving technology, announced to be commercialized by 2020. Such innovations are part of Nissan's Zero Fatality vision; to realize an automotive society which is safe for all drivers, passengers and non-motorists on the road.
Nissan brings an exciting line-up of over 20 vehicles to Auto China 2014, ranging from the unique BladeGlider Concept, with its central seat driving position, to the all-new X-Trail – all which can be seen at Hall W2, China International Exhibition Center from 21 to 29 April.
Media Center and site information is available online at http://www.nissan.com.cn/media_center/autoshows/2014/beijing/en. Look for the latest news to be uploaded regularly at this URL until the end of the exhibition.
- NISMO, a short form of "Nissan Motorsports," is the performance brand for Nissan, and is one of the company's purveyors of "innovation that excites."
- NISMO offers products featuring innovative technology and high performance to a wide range of customers for street use. NISMO cars provide an exciting driving experience with motorsports-inspired aerodynamics and styling, enhanced handling characteristics and unmatched agility.
- In the motorsports world, NISMO competes in the highest forms of GT and sports-car racing, such as Japan's Super GT Series and the World Endurance Championships (WEC), as well as providing engines to teams that compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans and the European Le Mans Series (ELMS). The Nissan GT-R captured the Super GT championship in 2011 and 2012.
About Nissan Motor Co., Ltd.
Nissan Motor Co., Ltd., Japan's second-largest automotive company, is headquartered in Yokohama, Japan, and is part of the Renault-Nissan Alliance. Operating with approximately 236,000 employees globally, Nissan sold more than 4.9 million vehicles and generated revenue of 9.6 trillion yen (USD 116.16 billion) in fiscal 2012.
Nissan delivers a comprehensive range of more than 60 models under the Nissan and Infiniti brands. In 2010, the company introduced the Nissan LEAF, and continues to lead in zero-emission mobility. LEAF, the first mass-market, pure-electric vehicle launched globally, is now the best-selling EV in history.