December 3, 2013
NISSAN RELEASES NV100 CLIPPER AND NT100 CLIPPER
-Lineup also adds the NV100 Clipper Rio-
YOKOHAMA, Japan (December 3, 2013) – Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the all-new NV100 Clipper, NT100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio, which go on sale today at Nissan dealers throughout Japan.
Ever since the NV100 Clipper and NT100 Clipper first went on sale in 2003 under the name of the Clipper, Nissan's only mini commercial car, they have won high approval from customers for their excellent loading capacity and ease of use, including their agile turning performance.
The all-new NV100 Clipper and NT100 Clipper announced today deliver excellent fuel economy plus best-in-class turning performance and ease of use, as “the pre-eminent commercial mini cars that provide support to businesses with their fuel economy and exceptional user-friendliness."
The all-new NV100 Clipper delivers best-in-class*1 fuel economy and environmental performance. Because the 3AT model meets the 2015 fuel economy standards and has achieved the SU-LEV certification by emitting 75% fewer exhaust emissions than in 2005, it is eligible for tax breaks under Japan's Environmentally Friendly Automobile Promotion Tax System*2, resulting in a 50% lower automobile acquisition tax and automobile weight tax.
The all-new NV100 Clipper also features enhanced amenities inside its large, easy-to-use interior cabin, including a folding front passenger seat mechanism that is handy when stowing long items inside the cabin, independently folding rear seats and a high-performance car alarm that is unique in this class of vehicle*3. It delivers best-in-class turning performance with a minimum turning radius of just 4.1m*1, enabling smooth handling even when turning into narrow streets, carrying out parallel parking or backing into a garage.
The all-new NT100 Clipper's short wheel base gives it a best in-class*4 minimum turning radius of just 3.6m while boosting the vehicle's ground-covering performance even on poor roads. What's more, its loading platform floor is the longest in its class*4, resulting in a spacious, flat loading platform that can be piled up with a whole range of items from agricultural produce containers to crates of beer. A roomy, comfortable cabin lets occupants relax and enjoy the drive, while the generous size of the door openings makes egress/ingress smoother. All models meet the 2015 fuel economy standards and deliver best-in-class fuel economy levels.*4
For customers demanding safety and convenience, the GX grade is equipped as standard with appointments including a Remote Control Entry System, colored door mirror, colored door handles, SRS airbag system for the front passenger, ABS and working lamps.
A further addition to the Clipper series announced today is the NV100 Clipper Rio, a minivan-style wagon that is appropriate not just for daily use but also in a wide range of scenarios including as a leisure vehicle. Its roomy, comfortable cabin boasts luxury specifications for increased comfort and user-friendliness, from xenon headlights to Auto Slide Doors on both sides. A wide variety of seat arrangements are possible, resulting in a cabin space that customers can use however they like.
NV100 CLIPPER RIO G High roof
All models are obtained from Suzuki Motor Corporation via an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) supply system.
Key features of the all-new NV100 Clipper, NT100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio are as follows.
- Class leading environmental performance
- User-friendly equipment that is a step up from the light truck class
- Best-in-class*1 turning performance
- Best-in-class*4 fuel economy
- Best-in-class*4 turning performance
- User-friendly loading platform and roomy cabin
NV100 Clipper Rio
- Luxury appointments that are a step up from the light truck class
- User-friendly cabin and wide variety of seat arrangements
Overviews of the NV100 Clipper, NT100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio are as follows.
1. Operability/Loading capacity/Ease of egress/ingress
- Superb ease of handling and turning performance, with a minimum turn radius of just 4.1m.
- Best-in-class*1 ease of egress/ingress thanks to 355mm step height for front seats, 375mm for rear seats.
- Instrument panel-mounted shift results in a walk-through design that allows smooth movement between seats to the front seat.
- Generous cargo volume for a light commercial van.
- The folding front passenger seat mechanism enables even long objects to be stowed with ease.
- The independently folding rear seats enable users to fold up the rear seat on one side only, making it possible to load the vehicle with long items while also having one passenger use the other rear seat (standard on GX and GX Turbo).
- Easy-to-grasp boarding support handgrips for the driver's seat and front passenger seat provide support to make egress/ingress smoother.
2. User-friendly equipment
- A car alarm that is unique in the light truck class*3; unlocking the vehicle or opening doors other than through the remote control system causes an alarm (hazard lights, horn, etc.) to sound.
- Rear heater for maintaining cabin comfort (standard on GX and GX Turbo).
- Armrests on the front and rear seats make the cabin even more comfortable (standard on GX and GX Turbo).
1. Operability/Loading capacity/Ease of egress/ingress
- A short wheel base gives the NT100 Clipper greater ground-covering ability even on poor roads as well as a best-in-class*4 minimum turning radius of just 3.6m. Ample legroom is also provided.
- A loading platform 2,030mm in length with a flat loading platform floor allow users to pack items efficiently with no waste of corner space.
- The low level of the loading platform floor makes loading and unloading items easier.
- Spacious door openings with ample height and width mean that the level of the seats can be kept low, for greater ease of egress/ingress.
- Ample legroom is ensured by placing the accelerator pedal well forward and the hip-point of the occupants well back, resulting in a roomy floor.
- A cabin that is the widest in its class*4 creates a real sense of spaciousness.
- The positioning of the wheel housing under the seats helps ensure ease of pedal operation and plenty of legroom.
- The approach angle and bumper height are set at levels that help the vehicle tackle steep slopes on mountain roads and irregular surfaces such as on farm roads.
- Two-step, part-time 4WD for low and high speeds that can be switched at the touch of a lever (standard on DX Farm specifications/GX 4WD and 5MT vehicles).
- Powerful differential lock function to prevent free-spinning wheels when driving through muddy roads (standard on DX Farm specifications/GX 4WD and 5MT vehicles).
- Corrosion-proof steel plates cover more than 95% of the body surface. The fully developed anti-rust measures include triple-layered paintwork.
- The underlying frame of the vehicle features anti-rust measures that are unique in the light truck class*5, featuring corrosion-proof steel plates and undercoating applied to the wheels and the sides of the frame.
- The corrosion warranty, provided as standard for all models (including loading platforms), guarantees a rust-free body surface*6 for three years, and exterior body panels free from rust holes*6 for five years, the longest corrosion warranty periods available for any vehicle in this class*4.
NV100 Clipper Rio
- Auto Slide Doors on both sides, operable via the Remote Control Key; door handle or switches at the driver seat (for the E grade, the Auto Slide Door is provided only for the left-hand side).
- The Slide Door Auto Closer allows the driver, when closing the rear doors, to fully close all rear doors automatically from the half-open position. The boarding assist handgrip and boarding steps for the front seats and rear seats improve the ease of egress/ingress.
- The Electronic Auto Step that is activated in conjunction with the opening and closing of the Auto Slide Door on the left-hand side provides support for egress/ingress.
- Ozone-Safe Auto Air Conditioner and Rear Heater.
- Rear seats with left-right independent slide mechanism and reclining mechanism result in a truly comfortable interior space.
- A variety of possible seat arrangements may be adopted depending on the items to be loaded and the number of passengers, thanks to the folding front passenger seat mechanism and full-flat seat mechanism.
- The instrument panel-mounted shift allows a walk-through design from front to back and from left to right.
- A spacious glovebox is provided which can hold a driver's license and box of tissues at the same time.
- Generous storage space includes front passenger seat instrument tray/hook, pocket with lid, center pocket and storage box.
<Other Key Safety and Environmental Technologies>
- Multi-reflector halogen headlights (equipped with manual headlight levelizer)
- Xenon headlights (low beam/equipped with auto headlight levelizer) (standard on NV100 Clipper Rio G Grade)
- Heated door mirror (standard on all NT100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper 4WD models, excluding DX Grade)
- Power-folding remote-controlled colored door mirror (standard on NV100 Clipper GX Turbo) (standard on all NT100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio vehicles)
- High Mount Stop Lamp
- Rear windshield wipers and washers
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) (standard on all NT100 Clipper GX, NV100 Clipper GX/GX Turbo and NV100 Clipper Rio models)
- EBD (Electronic Brakeforce Distribution) (standard on all NV100 Clipper GX/GX Turbo and NV100 Clipper Rio vehicles)
- Front ventilated disc brake (standard on all models, except NV100 Clipper)
- Light-weight shock-absorbent body
- SRS airbag system for driver
- SRS airbag system for front passenger (excluding NT100 Clipper SD/DX/DX Farm specification models)
- Double pretensioner seatbelts with load limiter (front seats) (standard on NV100 Clipper and NV100 Clipper Rio)
- Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) 3-point seatbelts with load limiter for all seats (standard on NT100 Clipper)
- Emergency Locking Retractor (ELR) 3-point seatbelts (front seats and rear seats) (standard on NV100 and NV100 Clipper Rio)
- Achieves “SU-LEV certification by emitting 75% fewer exhaust emissions than 2005 standards" (NV100 Clipper 3AT)
- Achieves the 2015 Fuel Economy Standard (excluding the NV100 Clipper 5MT/4AT models and NV100 Clipper Rio)
(NV100 Clipper) 1,500 units/month
(NT100 Clipper) 650 units/month
(NV100 Clipper Rio) 250 units/month
(NV100 Clipper) 907,200 yen to 1,411,200 yen, including consumption tax
(NT100 Clipper) 811,650 yen to 1,199,100 yen, including consumption tax
(NV100 Clipper Rio) 1,466,850 yen to 1,729,350yen, including consumption tax