November 2, 2012
2013 Nissan GT-R: Supercar Performance Elevated
YOKOHAMA, Japan (November 2, 2012) - Nissan Motor Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of the 2013 model year Nissan GT-R, which goes on sale in Japan on November 19 at Nissan dealers nationwide.
The 2013 model year Nissan GT-R features enhancements throughout the vehicle for increased performance, improved ride and handling, and greater customization.
Already considered a legendary supercar, the 2013 GT-R received evolutionary design and engineering enhancements based on feedback acquired from competing in the 24-Hours of Nürburgring race earlier this year. Notable modifications include improved engine response in both the mid- and upper-rpm rev range, increased body rigidity, and specification changes to the shock absorbers, springs and front stabilizer. As a result, the vehicle's overall performance is dramatically increased, high-speed stability improved and ride quality is more refined. Additionally, a Premium Edition version will be offered that features rich Semi-Aniline leather and custom-colored interior as fashonable interior package, further enhancing the sense of quality within the cabin.
The 2013 GT-R model will also be available in North America, Europe, and then subsequently to other regions from January 2013 onwards.
2013 MY NISSAN GT-R Overview
1. Mechanical Features
Sharper mid-range engine response and improved high-end acceleration.
- The incorporation of high-output injectors that more precisely control fuel injection improve mid-range engine response and acceleration at higher rpms.
- Specially-developed orifice to the relief valve have been added to the turbocharger bypass; these suppress the rapid decrease of the forced injection pressure, helping to sustain acceleration at high rpms.
- By adding a specially-designed baffle plate to the oil pan, oil pressure is better stabilized while rotational friction within the oil pan is reduced, especially during high-performance driving.
- Motul Competition Oil is offered as an engine oil option at Nissan dealers due to the many requests from GT-R customers who frequently drive their cars at circuit.
Glued-to-the-ground handling and rock-solid stability at super high speeds.
- After meticulously measuring the roll center of a GT-R while in motion, Nissan engineers lowered the vehicle's center of gravity in accordance with the deflection of the suspension bushings and tires. The specifications of the shock absorbers and front stabilizer have also been modified.
- Cam bolts have been installed on the front suspension to improve camber accuracy and maintainability of alignment settings.
- The torque from the driveshaft to the hub bearings was increased to improve reliability in high-stress situations, such as competition(track) driving.
Improved driving stability and steering response.
- Reinforcements were added at two locations in the dash panel bar and instrument panel member , resulting in improved suspension performance and increased body rigidity.
- The quality level of the interior has been improved by changing the color of the stitching and adopting a thicker seam on the instrument panel and door trim.
- An attractive red-and-black color combination steering wheel increases the car's sporty flair.
- RECARO carbon bucket seats are available as a factory installed option.
- A new two-tone interior color of Amber Red and Black adds style to the interior as option for fashionable interior package.
- Hand-stitched genuine Semi-Aniline leather front seats have been added.
3. Specifications/ equipment
- Carbon-fiber rear spoiler and lightweight aluminum-alloy forged RAYS® wheels are available as a factory installed option (Black Edition).
- Rear View Monitor comes as standard equipment on the Black and Premium edition models.
- Convenient "side knobs" on the left and right sides of both front seats improve usability when seatbacks are pushed forward (all models).
|<Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price in Japan (including consumption tax)>|
|4WD||VR38DETT||GT-R Pure edition||GR6 Type Dual Clutch
|GT-R Black edition||9,639,000|
|GT-R Premium edition||9,786,000|