3. Increasing production capacity and introducing Qashqai+2.
For FY2008, strong sales continue for Qashqai.
- Sales continue to increase in FY2008 (from April 2008). Cumulative sales for the five months from April to August is 75,000 units (up 46% year-on-year). Since its introduction, total units sold is 247,000 units.
- As of June 2008, which is more than a year after its introduction, there are over 50,000 customers waiting for delivery.
- To meet growing demand, projection capacity at the Sunderland Plant was increased with the addition of 800 workers for the start of a 24-hour production shift at the end of June 2008.
- In addition to a wide range offering, a compact diesel engine (1.5L) and a gasoline engine (1.6L) are supporting sales, as they adhere to a newly-launched European taxation systems, where tax charges differ depending on the amount of CO2 emissions.
In addition, Qashqai+2, a 7-seater vehicle with an additional third-row seat, was introduced in October 2008. This crossover vehicle is targeted at young families and offers a versatile and wide interior.
- Added length (+211mm) and height (+38mm)
- Full flat three-row seating
- Under floor storage with a larger load area
- Unique styling and extra standard equipment
- Diverse range, which is also featured for Qashqai:
- Two gasoline and two diesel models
- Two and four-wheel drive
- Three grades available
In order to enhance corporate value, Nissan will continue to offer attractive new products during the five years of NISSAN GT 2012, its new mid-term business plan. Among these products, there are models like Qashqai, which will create new markets. This will contribute to Nissan's market expansion worldwide and profit-earning opportunity. Continue to expect the best from Nissan.
* All photos featured are Dualis.